The Midnight Watch

Holding on 'til the next shift.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

S'a hammerin'.

#1 2013-07-30 01:05:17

Kayin

Zanven Tarmikos - His story so far..

«Ah, I am in dire need of some sleep. Tomorrow I will travel back south to the western part of Britain,» Zanven said to himself before renting a room at the Inn located outside the walls of Blackwell.

Awakening from a good nights sleep, as Zanven was getting ready to depart with the village of Blackwell – He met a smiling guardsman from the local Militia. The guardsman introduced himself as «Jake». Warned by the members of the caravan against Blackwell's lack of hospitality, and being an unknown  half-orc in unknown lands,  Zanven was surprised by the friendly greeting from Jake.
«A guardsmen greeting me with a smile, not a club..», Zanven pondered to himself.

Jake offered himself to show Zanven around in Blackwell. Not in a hurry, and now interested to see what more the village had to offer, Zanven gladly accepted. During the guided tour, entering the town marketplace, they met two arguing merchants. The merchants stopped their bickering against each other as Zanven and Jake approached them. Not scared nor frightened – both of the merchants bowed and greeted the two young lads in a friendly manner. «Of course merchants are known for their etiquette when there is coins to be earned, but even the merchants in Britain refused to trade with me – and here I am greeted as a human..», Zanven thought to himself.

After having spent some time talking and looking at the merchants goods – another human joined the conversation. He introduced himself as «Craystor, Captain of the Militia». Not directly mocking Zanven's apperance and size, Craystor made several witty comments about Zanven and the Sheriff meeting and standing next to each other. Craystor even offered him a place to serve in the miltia. Taken by surprise and impressed by the folk in this little village, Zanven was eager to stay. He signed up as a militia guardsman.

Now having met most of the population in the village, not all being as friendly as the folk from his first day, Zanven still thinks and believes that Blackwell is a good place to live and serve.
«I belong with this village now, they are my new tribe. I will do my best to serve them. Their safety and protection is my Duty.»

Zanven is still working in the Miltia – and he just recently signed up with Althalus, serving as the Innkeeper in his tavern. Ironically at the same place where his journey started in Blackwell ..

Board footer