The Midnight Watch

Holding on 'til the next shift.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

S'a hammerin'.

#1 2013-08-11 21:13:07

Delfer

The Blackwell Crier

*You notice an abundance of fliers laying around town. They're found on the walls, the tables and blowing through the square. You pick one up and begin to read*

ORCS DESTROY WALL, PROMPTLY REPAIRED
                                            Sunday, August 11, 2013

In recent news, the Northwest corner of the wall has been destroyed by orcs! Speculation is that some sort of bomb or comically large cannon was used. The attack occurred late into the night, on August 10th. When asked about the meaning of the attack, orcs had little to say. Speculation about the random act of terrorism runs rampant, but in this time of great confusion, only one thing is certain: We need to get rid of the orc!

That’s right folks! The enemy’s right within our walls! You’ve all seen it: the 7ft beast with a whole lot of muscle. It could kill a man in just one blow! And who’s to say that it didn’t plant the bomb itself? It’s entirely possible that, being an orc, it lacked the fundamental intelligence to open the gate, and was merely trying to leave the town when it blew through the wall! That’s our best case scenario. Unfortunately, it’s far more likely that this was a poorly executed invasion plot. Indeed, it is likely that the bomb was detonated before the orc horde could arrive to overtake our defenses. Leave it to the orcs to screw up a simple siege.

Fortunately for us all, the busy worker bee’s of Blackwell’s working class had the wall up and running within a day. With a little muscle, the stones and logs were put together to form a highly functioning wall. Unfortunately for our labour force there’s a whole lot of work to do, and no one’s paying! That’s right! No pay! Where’s the mayor in all this? If you’re reading this Mr.Mayor, then throw the working class a bone here. The strong men and women at the bottom of the ladder are straining to get by as it is, the least you can do is give them some relief. At the very least you’d expect all these ‘taxes’ we’re paying to go towards the labour required to rebuild the wall. HOWEVER, if the mayor doesn’t have to pay, he won’t!  So stand up and get your ticket folks, if you built the wall then you’re in for a pretty little tax break. Don’t just stand by and work for nothing, stand up for yourself! Stand up and say “Look, I did my share and I pay my taxes, and I want what’s mine!”

Until then, stay safe folks.
    The Blackwell Crier

*In very, very small print*
The contents of this paper are permitted by law under section II, Citizens Rights, subsection 5: Right to Free Opinion and Speech

Last edited by Delfer (2013-08-11 23:49:30)

#2 2013-08-21 17:53:27

Delfer

Re: The Blackwell Crier

*You notice that this flier, like the previous one, contains no indication as to the identity of the author*

MYSTERIOUS ROOM FOUND IN CHAPEL, WHAT IS THE CHURCH HIDING FROM US?
                                                Wednesday, August 21st, 2013

You've all seen it. The large stone walls and the magnificent but minimalistic interior. It's the Chapel of St. Helena, the outstretched arm of the Avatarian church. The symbol of the church's widespread power and influence in this unforgiving land. For some, it's a dreadfully outdated institution. For others, it's something to believe in. Personally, I'm all for it. If the church is here to keep the undead of my back, then good on them. And let's not forget the church's favourite past time activity: burning witches. That's something we can all get behind. But unfortunately, something I can't get behind is the deliberate concealment of potentially life saving materials. Oh yes, I am referring to the secret supply of God knows what convenient placed right below the chapel.

Pictured below: The mysterious church store room they don't want you to know about
FluxBB bbcode test

Granted, I don't -know- that there's anything of use in those chests, or that there's anything at all! But it seems odd to keep -24- chests lined up without anything to put in them. Let's think about this for a minute folks. What -could- be down there? Armor? Weapons? Food, medical supplies, resources?                                                                           Treasure?

And then of course, there's the matter of the 3 -silver- long swords sitting on caskets. I'm no expert on supply and demand, but if the church has a supply of silver weapons, shouldn't we demand they start using them? This is what bugs me folks: we're surrounded all on sides by the undead, orcs and various bog monsters and the church is fine just sitting and praying. We have Templars right? Last time I checked the Templars were an order of knights, and knights can fight. So why isn't the church out there keeping the enemy off our backs? I don't know what's in this store room, but I know it isn't going to very good use. So -please- folks, stop sitting in town square squabbling about the mundane. Take the fact that you're still alive as a reason to do something good for a change. Ask your local officials and clergy what's being done with this storeroom. You have a right to know.

The contents of this paper are permitted by law under section II, Citizens Rights, subsection 5: Right to Free Opinion and Speech

#3 2013-08-25 00:44:08

Delfer

Re: The Blackwell Crier

*You notice that this flier, like the previous one, contains no indication as to the identity of the author*

ORC GOES INTO RAGE, PROMPTLY EXECUTED
                                                      Friday, August 24th, 2013

I don't like to blow my own horn, but you heard it from me first folks! The orc has revealed it's true nature: That of an unyielding, moral-less beast. The scene unfolded late this Friday night, right outside our very gates. It was then that the beast broke into a frenzied rage, and lashed out against two citizens. And let me tell you, it's no small stroke of luck that it stopped just short of murdering the both of them, leaving one with only superficial wounds. It was then promptly rounded up by a 'Derek' and a 'Brother Laurence.' And keep the name 'Derek' in mind folks, we're gonna be coming back to that later.

Now once the orc was in a cell the acting mayor Rurik Keres showed up. Folks, there's something special about this guy. While he may be feeble and likely riddled with disease, he's already shown more grit and good sense than anyone else in this town! So he didn't waste much time when he sentenced the thing to execution. But get this, instead of 'beheading' it or 'hanging' it, he ordered Derek to bash it's brains in with a hammer. And personally, I really respect Derek for doing it. It's not often you're called upon to literally crush a creature's head,  extinguishing it's life in the most brutal way imaginable.. I for one, I couldn't do it... But Derek did, he manned up and did it. Right in front of people too! These are the kind of people we need guarding our gates folks. So if any of you happen to see the man around town, buy him a drink. God knows he probably needs it to escape the reality of what he's done.

Orc.png

Board footer