The Midnight Watch

Holding on 'til the next shift.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

S'a hammerin'.

#1 2014-11-23 15:41:12

Marcus Kobra

My other games

Play both ArmaII and DayZ now that someone actually coded a new launcher for DayZ that works! I've had fun on both and have been wanting to get into some large scale adversarial senarios on Arma II. Even would love trying a bit of DayZ survival semi RP with folks. The game could benefit marvelously from a few folks actually TRYing to survive than the CoD DeathMatch that its evolved into (Maybe it was always like that, maybe its a symptom of the armmaments mods folks toss in like overwatch and overpoch of which both are nice cause I get alot of guys I recognize and have actually operated before however most servers have the loot tables so high that every house has a 7.62 Assault rifle in it.)

Got plans to get Arma III but the DayZ standalone has been at a standstill for so long and has reused so much of the DayZ/Arma II/III without yet surpassing the DayZ mod itself that I won't be buying it unless it magically goes on sale and I doubt a pre-release Alpha is going to go on sale.

Dungeons and Dragons Online, Star Trek Online, The Old Republic and Destiny for PS4 have been my hpbbies but nobody is playing them with me so I lose interest.

Also have some RTS like Company of Heroes 1 and 2, Empire: Total War, Rome: Total War 1 and 2, Star Wars Empire at War, Total WarL Shogun 2 May have the first Shogun too, Got Warhammer 40K Dawn of war and Dawn of War 2, oh and Evochron Mercenary that lost its fun appeal after again, nobody was playing with me. Single player in an expansive world tends to get me bored, especially when its an MMO but everyone else in it seem to be complete dumbasses or griefers.

#2 2014-11-26 20:14:29

Kyte

Re: My other games

Hey, DayZ just went on sale.

#3 2014-11-27 01:38:06

Marcus Kobra

Still not worth the price for the lack of production. We've funded them by buying a title they will never finish, approx 40M Pound or some shit. They used the money (apparently) to fund the making of the PS4 version.  If you want DayZ wait for the PS4 version, or grab Arma II and ArmaII: operation arrowhead then download the mod, or get the mod for Arma III and try out DayZ that way. The mod is far more advanced than the standalone is or apparently ever will be for PC.

#4 2014-11-27 04:46:04

Delfer

The standalone is pretty shit but I will never go back to arma 2 after seeing how much better it feels to play the standalone.

#5 2014-11-27 05:09:28

Linaeus
Administrator

You haven't lived until you've played DayZ Standalone with Buttons and I. Elektro 5-0 reporting.

Board footer