You are not logged in.

Announcement

S'a hammerin'.

#1 2013-07-24 09:43:53

Egbert
S'a hammerin'.

A letter pinned to the mayor's door

Mister Isaac,

It has been some weeks now since your victory, and under your management of the village, crime has risen to absurd levels.

Where are the new laws aimed at preventing these crimes, and clarifying the legal grey areas? Where is the leadership?

People have placed their trust in you, Mister Isaac, please don't prove them wrong.

Given the plague of picked locks, I request that you pass a law making lock pick ownership illegal, except for licensed locksmiths. Additionally, until the crime spree has stopped, I request that you make it illegal for people to resist being stopped in the street and at key locations for searches.

Do something, Mister Isaac.

- Derek Lumbar

#2 2013-07-24 09:45:29

Linaeus
Administrator

Re: A letter pinned to the mayor's door

*Scrawled in nearly illegible chicken-scratch at the bottom of the same note.*

Isn't it the militia's job to sort out enforcing the laws?
- Corrin

#3 2013-07-24 09:48:22

Egbert
S'a hammerin'.

*Added in a less neat version of the original handwriting.*

It's the Mayor's job to decide laws for us to enforce. Currently, having been abandoned by Cove, the village exists in an unsustainable legal void.

- Derek Lumbar

#4 2013-07-24 14:38:55

Althalus Khalorson

*pinned under in carefully neat handwriting*

I would greatly like to see this mater clarified as the militia is a civilian volunteer scheme not a trained law enforcement army and as such I am loath to see them involved in such matters without appropriate training.

We have a sheriff who's job it is to enforce the laws of this town and should he wish to request aid from the militia for one off spot situations then I have no issues with that but recently the militia seems to believe it is a sanctioned army.

This is not the case I must stress again they are a CIVILIAN MILITIA who's only remit and authority is the protection of this town in battle against outside enemies such as orcs and shamblers. They are not paid for their VOLUNTEER work and have normal jobs.

Should you the mayor wish to turn this into a law enforcement army then I must respectfully request that new militia recruits undergo a full training as an army recruit, be paid a proper wage to avoid conflicts of interest and corruption and have their duties and responsibilities laid out plainly.

Until this has been rectified in one way or another I must regretfully advise you that any militia member who comes to me for any matter of law enforcement from this point on will be turned away and sent to fetch the sheriff or his deputy who are the actual law enforcers in our town and I would advise all other citizens to do the same or risk repeats of already occurred regretfully incidents such as the MILITIA confiscating a persons funds on the assumption they belonged to a different person simply for living in the same property.

This example that has unfortunately occurred in our fine town simply highlights the militias unfitness for this role without further training and simply shows them as armed thugs trying to control this town through intimidation and I will not be intimidated!

*signed* A Kahlorson

Last edited by Althalus Khalorson (2013-07-24 14:39:16)

#5 2013-07-24 14:48:04

Egbert
S'a hammerin'.

*Small letters, unsigned but in Derek's handwriting at the bottom of Althalus' letter.*

sorry

Board footer