The Midnight Watch

Holding on 'til the next shift.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

S'a hammerin'.

#1 2013-08-10 18:10:36

Fox

A shakily-written diary page

I had the most horrible experience today, and it has left me shaken. I swear that I have not been able to sleep since, though I sought solace in rest at the healer's building. I could not manage to, and have since been pulled out of many strange pauses that leave me unaware for - oh I do not know how long. When Isaac found me, I was soaked through with rain.

It was when I was talking with Kayin that I found myself losing sight of everything in this real world. I tried to find my torch to illuminate the darkness, and I lit it. There were people all around in uniforms that I know to be those of Cove's old armed force... I dropped the torch in this strange dungeon and could see little.

2z6sgnn.png

The shamblers were upon us quickly, and the pain from their strikes were as real as any I have ever felt. My armor saved me from their grasping bodies. I still do not know - can never imagine - what fate came to those who opened that door to the side and went foolishly in.

27zf0us.png

We woke in the city... And we seem to have both seen this same horrible thing. He left thereafter because his shoulder hurt from a hit he took, which is not the only thing that blurs the line between this dream and reality. He would not go with me to investigate, but I heard a quiet and dangerous wind pass by, the sound that follows one step behind me when the walkers are about - which is always. It was that same breeze that passed, and I stepped out of the city's gates to face the sound that called to me.

Out there were the two same people from my vision, dead and walking... I could not help but scream.

My torch is missing, also... Did I truly drop it in this strange place? Where could it be, if not in this place that is not even real?

#2 2013-08-11 03:08:44

Kayin

Re: A shakily-written diary page

(( Likes this smile ))

Board footer