Holding on 'til the next shift.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

S'a hammerin'.

#1 2013-08-23 23:44:17

Egbert
S'a hammerin'.

Latest Changes & Special Moves!

This set of changes was a long time coming, but finally, here it is! Unfortunately, the special move icons we're used to are hard coded into the client, and cannot easily be re-enabled by code. Similarly, special moves appear to be hard coded into the client, so SE+ weapons may not have functional special moves.

To use special moves, you will need to bind the AOS special moves functions under Razor's hot keys->misc->special moves list.

• Enabled AoS special moves

• Special moves now cost stamina instead of mana

• Mortal strike only affects players for 3 seconds

• Infectious strike only triggers when the player has sufficient poison skill to level up the poison

• You no longer need 60 healing/anat to have a chance to cure poison

• You can now heal through poison and bleed, and a severe penalty

• Magic resist now scales the damage of some spells, rather than being a straight pass/fail to block a chunk of damage

• You can now place hidden stashes

• Detect hidden can now reveal hidden stashes when used on the exact tile

• Zombies should no longer drop gold

• Zogs and blacks on special dye tubs

• Order and chaos shields no longer have absurd AR

• Disguise kits now allow you to pick your own alias

• 5th circle and above spells can no longer be added to spellbooks

• Training dummies should now be good up to 60 skill

• Injury points will no longer decay while the player is dead

Enjoy!

#2 2013-08-24 21:19:32

Haap

Re: Latest Changes & Special Moves!

Good job!

If SE+ weapons wont have special moves or their own animation on the avatar, how about removing them from the server? Seems the logical move imo.

Last edited by Haap (2013-08-24 21:19:45)

#3 2013-08-24 23:57:10

Egbert
S'a hammerin'.

But wooden swords are so coooooool~

#4 2013-08-25 00:23:12

Haap

a brown dyed vikingsword renamed to "wooden sword" would surely be better then a wooden sword looking like...a viking steel sword or whathaveyou...(on the avatar)

Last edited by Haap (2013-08-25 00:23:54)

#5 2013-08-26 16:21:55

Bones

It seems like the regeneration of stamina is incredibly slow. More so than intelligence was in relative terms on OSI.

Is there not a small risk that the people with the resources to stockpile refresh pots will dominate over those who might otherwise be better in a fight? Even with a time limit on pot use.

EA/OSI introduced Focus to help balance a bit when AoE / specials went live, are you considering trialling the same here?

#6 2013-08-26 16:56:14

Egbert
S'a hammerin'.

I was going to put a fairly long timer on the refresh pots. Something like 40s to 1 min, as opposed to healing potions' 10 second timer. If people can't spam the refresh potions, the stockpile won't be a big advantage.

#7 2013-08-26 20:13:02

Haap

Personally Id prefer what EA did, made refresh and greater refresh pots and take away the total refresh pots.

#8 2013-08-26 21:30:42

Kayin

Hmm, well the big timer on refresh potions might not be to bad - we must consider that we have two factions at the moment - the Defiled ones are really weak compared to Mortals, because they have no way to regain their stamina (...) a Defiled fighting against a pot-using mortal stand no chance at all.

#9 2013-08-26 21:56:07

Bones

Is it possible for bone helmets to be imbued with a stamina regen quality of a certain %/second?

#10 2013-08-26 23:22:34

Kayin

That could be fun smile

Just having these thoughts and ideas...

Human vs Defiled, now especially with the Special Moves even costing stamina - Humans are gonna have a big advantage since they can regain it wink

Also might it be something to consider to let Special Moves cost Mana instead? INT is currently a dumpstat for most. "Yeah, I go with 20 Int because then I can write in books.." .. Perhaps letting the intelligent/tactical fighter ( Less str+dex, more int ) have some benefits against the brute? ( Str+Dex, less int ) The tactical fighter will be able to use more special moves, but will have less HP and Stamina.
Not sure how everything will work out balance-wise, but ..

#11 2013-08-26 23:32:40

Delfer

It's impossible to acquire INT though, as far as I know

#12 2013-08-26 23:52:34

Kayin

Only meditation I think? Might give Leather-users a benefit against big plate users carrying shields! smile

#13 2013-08-27 00:35:32

Rotip

It's not impossible but cetainly hard it's hard to gain dex too I'm gm'ed three weapon skill and still have no where near enough dex
making them int base would hurt undead as well because they require int to heal unless they start dragging bodies around.

#14 2013-08-27 00:47:06

Rotip

A nice fix might be to give undead an extra 20-30 stamina then undead would swing a lot faster be able to deal more damage early and would make it harder to prolong fights because certainly an undead could throw a bola and just tear into anyone that tries to run.

#15 2013-08-27 13:28:12

Kayin

Yeah, Int will Hurt undeads as well, no doubt about it smile But could be a nice change to human vs human fighting as well.. and actually makes you consider your Stats.

The extra stamina is of course gonna help Defiled, but I think the main problem is that there is no way to regain it.. Have to stand still after combat, just to regain stamina to be able to move, cannot eat one apple and pass through monsters if we get stuck - and we run out of steam pretty fast in battles.. Either we get stuck from getting hit and running around - or our stamina becomes so low that we cannot finish someone off before their bandages tick in smile

#16 2013-08-27 14:42:49

Rotip

You seem to think everyone is an alchemist and will have access to 800 black pearls to make a keg of total refresh, as someone that actively has to hunt regs that's bull shit only people with that many regs that would use them so wrecklessly are the GM's who can spawn them in their pack, and I'm not going to say any of them are corrupt *coughkerescough* but the biggest threat is a gm using gm powers to get skills and then becoming a tool for someone *coughkerescough* and that would make the whole server suffer.

#17 2013-08-27 14:56:11

Kayin

You are right, of course not everyone will have access to a lot of stamina potions.. that is why the huge timer on them might help to balance things out. People with refresh potions now will have a major advantage in PvP smile I am not a GM, I am an active player - I have access to a lot of reagents so this will be a big nerf for me too. I just want balanced PvP, not that PvP happends to often, but when it does smile
I trust that our GMs play on a fair level with all of us players.

And I am not saying I have all the right solutions - just theorycrafting and expressing my thoughts so far smile Your ideas might be the ones that will balance everything out smile

#18 2013-08-28 00:12:11

Althalus Khalorson

I will admit that the lack of stamina regen on undead has cost me many times on Hew and whist a total refresh substitute such as a necro spell would be nice I'd rather have spirit speak regen the same as say eating a steak as well as heal to be able to contine chasing folks down if it's an either or situation but I think with a long enough cool down on the total refresh spell the two together would be the equivilent to someone with a pile of food and one or two refresh pots bought from an alchemist which is reasonable rather than the keg of total refresh analogy used by Rotip

#19 2013-08-28 07:19:18

Haap

Zanven Tarmikos wrote:

..actually makes you consider your Stats.

Indeed. Id suggest having special moves use stamina and mana.

Example: If bleed cost 20 stamina to execute, this change would instead have it cost 10 stamina and 10 mana (20 total)

The necro spell Mind Rot could be changed to sacrifice 30 mana into 30 stamina. (the spell itself would cost nothing)

((Altho I still believe undeads shouldnt have stamina at all, dead animated corpses dont feel tired/exhausted))

#20 2013-08-28 07:34:12

Egbert
S'a hammerin'.

Alright guys, just to let you know, I am reading all these responses and taking them into account in my plans.

Additionally, this conversation is probably going to go on long enough that you should take it to the feature request thread. smile

Board footer